Your resume is usually the first thing a potential employer looks for when he receives your application. In many cases, this document is the first contact he will have with you. Do not underestimate the importance of a resume. Writing a resume involves selling yourself: you need to highlight your qualities and emphasize your positive side (subtly, of course).
Remember to download our free template to write a professional resume, and increase your chances of getting an interview.
Different kinds of resumes
All resumes are different. The most common is the chronological resume . In this one, you mention the jobs you already had, starting with the most recent to finish with your very first job. Another type of CV known is the functional resume , which is written according to your skills.
In some situations, it may be helpful to create a special formatting yourself to write your resume. This type of resume is often useful when you are applying for a creative job or for a job in a trendy and innovative company. Tip: always adapt the form and content of your resume to the specific job for which you are applying. It takes time and energy. Do not do it in a hurry, as the recruiter will easily notice that the work has been botched.
You may be interested in following Jobs:
The layout of a CV
- A standard resume consists of a number of sections:
- Personal data
- Professional experience
You determine the amount of information you include in these categories, but some things must be mentioned.
How to write an attractive resume?
- Logically, writing a resume is always personal. Each candidate is different, so each CV is written , both in form and content. So take the time to choose what you will mention in your resume, and how you will do it. Think for example of formatting and the police: how to attract attention without exaggerating?
- Do not lie. Exaggerating here and there to promote your achievements may seem tempting, but recruiters will be ruthless about it.
- Focus on the facts. The cover letter serves to present your personality. The resume is supposed to contain only data.
- Use clear language ! Avoid jargon and use an active style.
- Do not leave a hole in your resume. This will prevent the recruiter from asking you questions about what you did between 2011 and 2013. Indicate the reason for your temporary unemployment.
- Very important: stay concise . Often, resumes longer than two pages are not even read.
- Various Jobs in Qatar Petroleum
- Kuwait Oil Hiring Staff – Jobs in Kuwait
Increase your chances of being invited for a job interview with a professional resume
The curriculum vitae, or CV, defines the first impression that a potential employer has of you. Give enough attention to its content and layout.
Download our free resume template and increase your chances of being invited for a job interview.
- Download the resume sample as a Word file
- Fill it with your information
- Export it as PDF
- Send your new CV with your cover letter by email to companies that interest you
- Do not forget to send your resume to freejobalert , we will be happy to help you in your job search.
- Print a copy for your interview